In the name of Allah the Most Gracious and the Most
Merciful….
Assalamualaikum w.b.t
Hoorayy! Hooray! Midsem break will arrive this weekend! But...... I’m
sad because I lack of my budget so, I cannot return my sweet home, Terengganu. Two weeks ago, I
have just returned my home for Eid Adha.
So, I decided to spend my holidays in
Malacca, my brother home with his daughter. Not forget a lot of assignment will
accompany me. Huhu… I need rewrite and update my blog because my lecturer said
that half of her students write notes in the blog. Is it me? ^-^
This week, I learnt about "Strategies For Competing In
Internal Market". In this topic, we can know why companies decide to enter
foreign markets. There are five major reasons that are to gain access to new
customers, to achieve lower costs through economies of scale, experiences, and
increased purchasing power, to further exploit its core competencies, to gain
access to resources and capabilities located in foreign market and to spread
its business risks across a wider market base.
Apart from that, the owners should consider other factor to
enter foreign market such as tax rates, inflation rates, different government
policies, differences in buyer tastes and preferences and etc. Owners can
choose an option for entering and competing in internal markets whether through
export strategies, licensing strategies, franchising strategies, foreign
subsidiary strategies or alliance and joint venture strategies. In competing
internationally, there are three main strategic approaches that are used. First
is Multidomestic Strategy- Think Local, Act Local. Second is Global Strategy-
Think Global, Act Global and third is Transnational Strategy- Think Global, Act
local.
During the tutorial class, we continue discusses the case
study of Digital Age: Shall I tag along? We use the method of SWOT and TOWS
analysis. After midsemester break, Madam Huda will continue new case study: Piping
hot dogs. Actually I absent the tutorial class because my health in not good
condition. So I get the information from my friend.
In conclusion, I need
to cover the topic that I lag and be more prepared before the class.


No comments:
Post a Comment