Saturday, November 9, 2013

WHAT HAS HAPPENED DURING TUTORIAL CLASS?

In the name of Allah the most Gracious and the most Merciful

Assalamualaikum w.b.t ………..




     Last week no lecture because last week is Eid al Adha. So happy because I can gathered together with my beloved family. For this Eid-Adha, I little busy because my family decide to make ceremonies : kenduri tahlil and kenduri aqiqah. Actually I little help work in the kitchen. Not because I’m lazy but I need to be a babysitter. I need to take care around ten of my niece and nephew. After the ceremony, I rushed to bus station because my bus will move around 5.30 p.m. So tired when a bus that promise  arrive at 7.00 p.m. Normal if it is charter bus!

     As usual, this week’s lecture I learnt about "Strengthening A Company’s Competitive Position". In this topic I learnt how to strengthen a company’s competitive position. There are several strategies that can be implemented that are blue ocean strategy, horizontal merger, acquisition strategy, vertical integration, offensive strategy, defensive strategy and outsourcing strategy.

     The case study for this week is  The Digital Age : Shall I tag along? Interesting right the name of case study ? Actually this case written by four writer. Three of them are my lecturer ~ Dr Ummi Salwa Ahmad Bustamam, Madam Siti Nurulhuda Nordin and Mr Mahdhir Abdullah. This case study is about Mr Rahim, the founder of Ambang Mata Sdn Bhd faced a problem with the existence of internet technology and e-marketing in the era of information and communication technology (ICT) offered opportunities and had affected the retailing marketing process and strategy. Nowadays, people are going to reading online. So Mr Rahim facing the problem of getting same par with other company which is has stated doing online publishing.

     During the class, we discussed on two strategies that are Blue Ocean  strategy and the Five Generic Competitive Strategy. A blue-ocean strategy offers growth in revenues and profits by discovering or inventing new industry segments that create altogether new demand. The Porter’s Five forces includes threats o new entrants, bargaining power of buyers, bargaining power of sellers, threats of rival sellers and threat of new substitutes. My friends suggested that Ambang Mata Sdn Bhd should provide reading material that include Braille. Besides that, the Ambang Mata Sdn Bhd should create their own application which can be download by users through Google Play store. Apart from that, the company can put educational games in the tab so that the children can learn from there.

     As a conclusion I need to be more prepare because I don’t want same things occurred. What is it? Let it be a secret..hehe.. When someone angry us, it’s because she love us. Right?  Think positive..Take a good as a guidance and  throw a bad as a border. Reflect yourself. I think that’s all.




Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment